Friday 22 February 2013

The Movie Challenge!

Hello there, lovely people of the interweb, today I thought I would do a different kinda post, where I talk about one thing I love - films! Literally, I love watching, reading about and reviewing new movies, and I found this tag on the web, so I thought I'd give it a go. N.B. I have edited this tag, as I didn't have great answers for some of them!

1. Best movie you saw last year?
Either The Shawshank Redemption or An Education - the first is my dad's favourite ever film, and I have a feeling it might become mine too. An Education with Carey Mulligan (can I be her, also?) and Peter Sarsgaard is about Jenny (Mulligan) who is trying to get in Cambridge Uni in the 1960s , and she's bored with her suburban London life when she meets David, a man twice her age who shows her what life could be like. The fashion is amazing and it creates 1960s London so well, especially with Dominic Cooper and Rosamund Pike playing two friends of David's (Sarsgaard) who open Jenny's eyes to a whole new world. 

2. A movie that makes you cry? 
Either Titanic or Les Miserables. Make sure you have tissues. 

3. A movie that reminds you of your childhood?
101 Dalmatians. I had a phase where I had this toy of one of the dogs from 101 Dalmatians and I became basically obsessed over the movie. 

4. Favourite love story in a movie?
This was such a difficult one: either Noah and Allie from The Notebook or Anna and Jacob from Like Crazy. The Notebook is just one of those classic films, and Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling are just the best couple EVER. Can Gosling be my boyf please? Okay thanks. 

5. Most surprising plot twist/ending?
Oh my goodness, Remember Me or Atonement. If you don't want to cry, don't watch either of these films. End of. 

6. A movie you've seen countless times? 
The Harry Potter Series - I must have seen each one about 10-15 times. 

7. Favourite classic movie?
I must confess I haven't seen many classic movies, however I do love The Sound of Music, I mean COME ON a singing family who escape from the Nazis - what's not to like?

8. A movie you love that everyone else hates?
I'd heard bad reviews of Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, however I went ahead and rented it anyway and I really loved it - an example of how films are so subjective and you really need to see them yourself before you can write one off.

9. A movie no-one would expect you to love?
Captain America: The First Avenger. I don't know why I decided to rent this, but I did and I love it so much!

10. A character you relate to the most?
Hermione Granger, from the Harry Potter Series. We have similar hair, we both have to follow the rules and I'd like to think I am a little bit as brave and courageous as she is. 

11. A movie you wish more people had seen.
Like Crazy - it's an amazing indie, art-film type rom-com with Felicity Jones (oh my gosh please can I be her?!) and Anton Yelchin (hadn't heard of him before, but he's great in this movie) as two people who meet while Anna (Felicity) is in college in the USA, however she travels back to the UK after her visa has expired and when she tries to return she's kept out of the country. This is such an under-rated film but it's so good, so go rent it on iTunes. 

12. Favourite book-inspired movie?
Harry Potter series (obvs) or Les Mis. 

13. Favourite actor?
Douglas Booth, Colin Firth, Eddie Redmayne, Ryan Gosling or Bradley Cooper. 

14. Favourite actress? 
Emma Watson, Kate Winslet, Felicity Jones, Jennifer Lawrence, Maggie Smith or Emma Stone. 

15. Favourite biographical movie?
The King's Speech - Helena Bonham Carter, Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush make this film. 

16. Favourite dramatic movie?
The Help - Emma Stone is SO GOOD in this movie, or The Ides of March - Ryan Gosling AND George Clooney in a political drama? Yes please.

17. Favourite comedy?
Mean Girls. I mean, 'I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy..' 
'She doesn't even go here!' 
 'Do you even go to this school?' 
'No... I just have a lot of feelings...'
Enough said. 

18. Favourite musical?
Mary Poppins or Chicago. I wanted to fly like Julie Andrews SO MUCH when I was about 8, and I wish I could dance like Roxie from Chicago. 

19. Favourite movie of all time?
OBVS the Harry Potter series. 

20. Favourite monologue?
Neville Longbotttom in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, when he thinks Hazza P is dead. Go check it out on YouTube - Matthew Lewis is amazing as Neville. 

21. A movie you wish you'd seen at the cinema?
Silver Linings Playbook or Pitch Perfect - these have both gone out of my local cinema or are at awkward times during the week, so I need to get them on DVD. 

22. Favourite animation?
Toy Story - I wish I was friends with Woody and Buzz.

23. Favourite war movie?
Atonement or Pearl Harbour - James McAvoy is amazing in the former, along with me being totally jealous of Keira Knightley's outfits in this film. Ben Affleck and Kate Beckinsale are so good in Pearl Harbour - you must check it out if you love a good rom-com/war movie. 

Love, peace and chocolate,

Curly Cutie xxx