Sunday 7 July 2013

The Sunday Series #1

Hello there lovelies, today's post is a newbie here on Curly Cutie but needs a little explanation! Basically I haven't posted many Instagram pictures this week, so I had a little think about what to post instead. In the back of my mind was a comment on Twitter I read a few weeks ago about someone not liking 'week in pictures' posts - and I do like them, but I've got to thinking that if you wanted to follow my pictures, you could just follow me on Instagram. So with that in mind, I decided to start a new series of posts on Sundays, which will run in rotation: a non-beauty review (like a film or a play etc), a beauty wishlist, beauty/fashion favourites and an empties post. These may change, but there we go! 

Today's post is the non-beauty review, and it is of the play 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.'


I went to see this on Friday night with my mum and my sister - I'd read the book but quite a few years ago and so only knew the basics of the plot. The play is about Christopher John Francis Boone, who discovers the dead body of his neighbour’s dog, Wellington, on the neighbour’s front lawn one evening and sets out to uncover the murderer. His investigation is at times aided, and at other times hampered, by the mild form of autism he lives with. 

The set and lighting were amazing, with the cast able to draw on the floor and it show up on the back screen of the stage. The ensemble were brilliant, playing the roles of the different people Christopher meets in his investigation, and the use of physical theatre (when people use their bodies to represent something, like a door or a chair) was superb. 

Luke Treadaway was simply superb as Christopher - you truly believed he was a 15 year-old boy with autism, rather than the 29 year-old actor he truly is. His performance alone was worth the money, and if you get the chance to see this play, you must go!

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time is on at the Apollo Theatre, by Piccadilly Circus.

Love, peace and chocolate,

Curly Cutie xxx